If you are new to Texas Holdem poker these hand rankings may help you. These Texas Holdem poker hand rankings are from the lowest possible hand to the best hand you can make.
- No Pairs (High Card) – Any hand that doesn’t qualify for the rankings listed below. In this case the highest card wins
- Two Pair - Two cards of the same rank with three random cards (example. two four's with a 5, an 8 and a 10)
- Three of a Kind - Three cards of the same rank with two random cards (example. three kings, a 5, and a 9)
- Straight - Five cards in sequence (example. A,2,3,4,5 note: ace can be high or low)
- Flush - Any five cards of the same suit (example. 2,4,6,7,Jack all suited spades)
- Full House - Three cards of the same rank, and a pair (example. three tens and two nines)
- Four of a Kind - Four Cards of the same rank, with one side card (example. four queens and a jack)
- Straight Flush - Five cards in sequences of the same suit (example. 5,6,7,8,9 all suited diamonds)
- Royal Flush - An ace, king, queen, jack and ten all of the same suit (example. all suited hearts)
If players have the same hand ranking, the player with the higher cards will win. For example, if both players have two pair - one with 99 and KK and the other player with 22 and AA - the player with the pair of aces will win the hand. Remember the best 5 card hand wins; players may split the pot if they have equal hands.